Ekkosense at DCD London 2019
October 31, 2019 1:27 pm
Leave your thoughts
– Real time space, power & cooling capacity planning – not just capacity reporting – now available at a fraction of the cost of legacy DCIM systems
– World’s first software-embedded Cooling Advisor unlocks 10%+ cooling energy savings in-house – simply by acting on recommendations
– Live demonstrations stand 37, DCD London, 5th-6th November 2019
EkkoSense will show two major new enhancements to its EkkoSoft Critical space, power and cooling monitoring, management and optimisation software at DCD London from 5th-6th November.
EkkoSense will demonstrate its unique SaaS-powered 3D Capacity Planning capability. EkkoSoft Critical Capacity Planning is the most intuitive platform available on the market for space, power and cooling capacity management – providing live capacity planning functionality, rather than the limited capacity reporting offered by today’s more expensive DCIM systems.
Key Capacity Planning features:
- Comprehensive Ticketing and Future Capacity capability, allowing Capacity Managers to use EkkoSoft Critical’s 3D Live View visualisation to reserve space, power and cooling for future projects.
- The ability to identify Power Allocation Variance, where individual racks have locked-in power capacity that they’re not using
- Intuitive Power Allocation control allowing users to: add new racks, add capacity to existing racks, remove capacity from existing racks, remove existing racks entirely
- Full estate-wide or room-by-room Live 3D Views of your current space utilisation, power usage and cooling capacity performance
Visitors to DCD London can also see demonstrations of the company’s unique new Cooling Advisor functionality. Embedded into EkkoSoft Critical, it provides operations teams with focused cooling performance recommendations and advisory actions to help monitor, manage and maximize their data centre’s thermal performance. By following the recommendations of Cooling Advisor, cooling energy savings of 10%+ can be unlocked in house – without the requirement for further specialist data centre thermal optimisation services.
“Traditionally Facilities and Capacity Managers have relied on unwieldy spreadsheets and complex DCIM systems to manage changes to their data centre estate. Now, with the introduction of our EkkoSoft Critical Capacity Planning, we’re providing powerful, intuitive tools to allow data centre teams to manage all their space, power and cooling capacity planning requirements in real-time thanks our powerful visual analytics,” commented EkkoSense’s CEO Dean Boyle. “And the good news is that with Capacity Planning they have far greater control, allowing data centres to be run leaner and at a fraction of the cost of legacy DCIM approaches.
“With our unique Cooling Adviser functionality we’re also providing data centres with the opportunity to unlock cooling energy savings of 10%+ without the requirement for radical redesigns or expensive cooling refresh programmes. It’s this kind of accessible, practical ‘expertise as a service’ that can make a real difference for data centre teams looking to reduce their energy usage or unlock cooling capacity, without the need for complex CFD systems or expensive consultancy.”
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by Cheryl Billson